- 🎥 Video Tour: Butter workspace
- What is a Butter workspace?
- Navigating your workspace
- 1. Home
- 2. Rooms
- 3. Templates
- 4. Recaps
- 5. Settings
- Creating a workspace
- Joining a workspace
- Switching between workspaces
- Managing workspace members and roles
- Workspace FAQ
- How many members can I have in my workspace?
- How can I manage my workspace’s members and roles?
- How do I add or remove team members from my workspace?
- How many workspaces can I create/join?
- Do session participants/co-facilitators have to be members of my workspace?
- Do room collaborators have to be members of my workspace?
- Can I brand my workspace with my own logo?
- How do I delete a workspace?
🎥 Video Tour: Butter workspace
Here’s a 2-minute tour of everything that’s in a workspace!
What is a Butter workspace?
Everything you do in Butter is tied to a workspace. In a workspace, you’ll find your rooms, a shared library of agendas and tools, session recaps, and your team members.
Here’s what you can do in a workspace:
- See what’s next: Your workspace has a Home tab with an overview of upcoming sessions, recent rooms, recaps, and more.
- Plan sessions together: Collaborate on room setup with other members of your workspace.
- Share templates: Create a team library of agenda templates and tools to save on setup time.
- Manage your team: Invite workspace members and assign workspace- and room-level roles
- Manage your billing: Manage workspace permissions, plans, and billing from one account.
Navigating your workspace
You’ll find your workspace navigation on the lefthand side of your workspace.
At the top, you’ll find your workspace switcher, where you can easily switch between workspaces you’re a member of.
Then, you’ll find five menu items: Home, Rooms, Templates, Recaps, and Settings.
Here’s a quick breakdown of each section of your workspace.
Your workspace Home gives you an at-a-glance view of upcoming sessions, recently used rooms, and recent recaps.
These are only the sessions, rooms, and recaps that you participated in, so this view is personalized for each workspace member.
The Rooms tab has your personal rooms, rooms you were invited to collaborate on, and public rooms in your team’s workspace.
Rooms are where you plan and run your sessions in Butter. Check out
Your Templates is where you and your team save and share tools and templates. These include agendas, agenda blocks, and tools. You can also publicly share any templates from your library.
Recaps include your recordings, notes, poll results, attendance lists, and more for every session.
Your workspace Settings are where you manage your workspace, your team, and your personal settings within the workspace.
Creating a workspace
There are two ways to create a workspace in Butter.
- When you first sign up: If you weren’t invited to a team workspace, you’ll be prompted to create your own workspace when you first sign up to Butter.
- From your Butter dashboard: You can create a new workspace by selecting the workspace dropdown from the dashboard navigation and then selecting “Add new workspace.” From there, just follow the prompts!
Joining a workspace
To join an existing workspace, you’ll need to be invited by an existing member. Any workspace member can invite you to their workspace.
Switching between workspaces
To switch between workspaces, select the workspace dropdown in the top-left corner of your workspace navigation.
Then, just pick the workspace you want to switch to!
Managing workspace members and roles
Workspaces are made for teams to plan and run incredibly engaging sessions together! To access your workspace members, navigate to Settings > Workspace.
In a Butter team workspace, there are four different member roles:
- Owner: The creator of the workspace and the only person who can delete the workspace.
- Admin: Can manage workspace settings, members, and the library.
- Pro: These paid members have full access to the workspace’s rooms and library, but can’t manage workspace settings (including member roles).
- Basic: These free members have limited access to rooms and the library.
Your workspace can have up to 50 Basic (free) members and unlimited Pro (paid) members.
How many members can I have in my workspace?
On the Basic plan, you can have up to 50 Basic (free) members in a workspace.
On the Business plan, you can have up to 50 Basic members and unlimited Pro members (including admins and the owner).
How can I manage my workspace’s members and roles?
How do I add or remove team members from my workspace?
Only workspace admins and owners can remove members from a workspace. Pro and Basic members can invite new members!
How many workspaces can I create/join?
There’s no limit! We would suggest to create or join a workspace for every team you regularly collaborate with in Butter.
Do session participants/co-facilitators have to be members of my workspace?
No! Anyone can join a Butter session. Participants do not count towards your workspace member limits (only your session participant limit).
Do room collaborators have to be members of my workspace?
Can I brand my workspace with my own logo?
Yes! Owners and admins can edit your workspace’s branding from the
How do I delete a workspace?
Only the workspace owner can delete a workspace. See