- 🎥 Video tour: Butter Template Gallery
- How the Public Template Gallery works
- Saving a Template
- Submitting your own templates
- Butter Template Gallery FAQ
- Can I share my agendas, blocks, and tools if they’re not featured in the Butter Template Gallery?
- What’s the selection process for getting templates featured in the Template Gallery?
- Is there a limit to how many templates I can submit?
- Who can I bribe to get featured?
🎥 Video tour: Butter Template Gallery
Here’s a 2-minute tour from Jakob on how to add a Butter template to your library:
How the Public Template Gallery works
With the Public Template Gallery on your dashboard, you can easily copy pre-made Butter templates to your Library. These templates are designed by our community of expert facilitators. 🧑🏫
There are three categories of templates available:
- Agendas: Fully designed workshop and meeting agendas
- Blocks: Activities and icebreakers you can add to any agenda
- Tools: Pre-made flashcard decks, pump-up music playlists, and more
By visiting any template in the gallery, you’ll see a full rundown of the tools used in the template and instructions on how to use the template.
For agendas and blocks, the facilitator notes within the template also come with full instructions on how to use the template.
Saving a Template
To add a template to your Personal Templates:
- On your dashboard, click on the Templates > Public in your left-hand sidebar.
- Select a template - you can browse and filter through the gallery items, or search for what you need.
- You can either select on “Use [tool]” to directly add it to an existing room, or “+Add to my library” to add it to your own template collection.
From there, you can edit or use the template like any other item in your library.
For more details on using your library, check out:
Submitting your own templates
Do you have a go-to Butter agenda or tool that could inspire others?
We already have templates from facilitation greats like AJ&Smart, Myriam Hadnes, LEAP., and neueBeratung—and we'd love you to be next.
👉 Fill out this typeform 👈 for the chance to be featured in the Butter Template Gallery.
Butter Template Gallery FAQ
Here are some very smart questions you might ask about the Template Gallery.
Can I share my agendas, blocks, and tools if they’re not featured in the Butter Template Gallery?
Definitely! You can share anything that’s saved in your Personal Library. Just click the ‘...’ and ‘Share this [Agenda/Block/Tool]’ for a shareable link.
What’s the selection process for getting templates featured in the Template Gallery?
We don’t have a super-scientific process for choosing templates, but we’ll be asking these questions:
- Did you use the template submission form? Here’s the link.
- Is it useful? How much instant value does it bring to Butter users?
- Is it relevant? Does your template help people run engaging virtual collaborative sessions?
- Is it original? We want to avoid posting too many similar templates or copying templates from other sources.
- Is it publishing ready? The more polished the template, the better!
It also helps if you’re actively involved in the Butter Community!
Is there a limit to how many templates I can submit?
No, as long as they’re all awesome. 😍
Who can I bribe to get featured?
Send us a nice note to firstname.lastname@example.org. No bribes required, but we might be slightly swayed by GIFs and smooth butter puns. 😉