- 📽️ Video explainer: the Agenda Planner
- Agenda Blocks
- Tools — Resources and Activities
- Duration — Keep things on track
- Facilitator notes — For facilitators’ eyes only 👀
- What can participants see?
📽️ Video explainer: the Agenda Planner
Here’s a two-minute tour of how to create an amazing agenda. 👇
The agenda is made up of blocks. Each agenda block can be customized to your needs with a:
- Title: The name of the agenda item
- Description: A description or instructions for participants
- Duration: Time estimate (with the option to show time to participants or not)
- Tools: Apps and activities that will be used for this agenda block
- Private notes: Notes and scripts for the facilitators
Each of these blocks can have a lot of information. Here’s an example of what a fully prepared block looks like during the session.
But there's a lot more to the agenda, so let’s walk through each of the configurations.
Tools — Resources and Activities
The best part of the agenda is the ability to make your tools accessible within Butter with just one click.
For example, here’s an agenda block with a Miro board. How fast was that? 👀
To add a tool to a block, you can set one up from scratch by clicking ‘+ Add new tool’, or you can also quick-add a tool that’s already in your Toolbox.
If you’d like to learn more about the individual tools, here are some guides to explore:
- Integrated apps: Miro | Mural | Youtube | Google Docs | Simple Whiteboard
- Butter tools: Breakouts | Polls | Timers | Music playlists | PDF Presentations | Flashcard Decks
Duration — Keep things on track
You can set an estimated time duration for each agenda block to keep everything on schedule. ⏱
For each agenda block, the timer slowly fills up in green and turns red when the designated time is up.
Whether or not participants can see the agenda duration is optional (maybe you only need to keep yourself on track!)
To turn off the agenda clock for participants, change ‘Show time to participants’ to ‘No’.
Facilitator notes — For facilitators’ eyes only 👀
Participants can’t see your facilitator notes. So throw out that Word document where you plan your scripts, and put them directly into your agenda instead!
What can participants see?
Here’s an example of what your agenda looks like to participants.
They don’t see your tools. They don’t see the private notes. And they only see the time estimate if you enable it.