A poll is the easiest way to everyone’s input, make a group decision, gather the best ideas, ask burning questions, or find the most popular ice cream flavor.
In Butter, there's no need to run these polls in a different app — just prep it ahead in your room and go!
- 🎥 Video explainer: Polls
- 1. Preparing a Poll
- 2. Starting a Poll
- 3. Creating a new poll on the fly
- 4. Accessing poll results after the session
🎥 Video explainer: Polls
Here’s a 2-minute tour of everything you need to know about creating polls in Butter.
1. Preparing a Poll
You can prep the Poll from the Room Setup to save yourself the hassle of creating a poll on the fly. Go to your Toolbox, choose Add Tool and choose Polls.
You have a choice between these types of polls:
1. Multiple Choice Your participants can only choose from the answers you give them. You can choose to keep it open or have a quiz-style format — perfect when there's a right or wrong answer in the mix!
- Open Ended Your participants can type in their own answer to your question and upvote on the answers they like the best. You can also choose a word cloud format.
2. Starting a Poll
When you're ready to start the poll, simply click the Toolbox and choose the poll you want to start.
Once the poll ends, the results will be free for everyone to see.
3. Creating a new poll on the fly
You easily create and edit your polls while you're in the session. Click the Toolbox on the right, choose Add Tool and create a poll to your liking. Then you can launch it by clicking the new poll in the Toolbox.
4. Accessing poll results after the session
Need to analyse the poll results at the end of a session? At the end of the workshop or meeting, you can view the poll results and export them as a CSV file either in the Room or under the Recaps in the Butter dashboard!