- A facilitator’s dream, that’s what! 🤩
- Butter solves four facilitation challenges
- 1. Prepare sessions that practically run themselves
- 2. All your favorite facilitation tools, minus all the tabs
- 3. Bump up the energy
- 4. Don’t forget your takeaways
- What the FAQ?
- Is Butter free?
- How many participants can join a Butter session?
- Do you need an account to join a Butter session?
- Do you need an account to host a Butter session?
- Do you need to download anything to join/host a Butter session?
A facilitator’s dream, that’s what! 🤩
Butter isn’t built for those could-have-been-an-email meetings. You know the ones 🥱
Butter is a tool for facilitating highly collaborative sessions like:
- Training sessions
- Bootcamps and courses
- Events and webinars
- Community and team socials
- And any other session where you need to keep people energized and productive
Of course, you can use Butter for everyday meetings too. But it’s so much more than a meeting tool.
Butter solves four facilitation challenges
Butter solves the four biggest challenges with remote facilitation:
1. Prepare sessions that practically run themselves
Unlike other tools, you can plan, run, and recap your interactive sessions all within Butter.
Butter makes planning sessions easy:
- Design reusable, shareable rooms from which you’ll host your sessions.
- Prepare smooth sessions with time-boxed agendas.
- Pre-load tools like polls, flashcards, breakouts, Miro boards, and YouTube videos to your toolbox for easy access.
- Invite collaborators to help you plan and host your sessions.
2. All your favorite facilitation tools, minus all the tabs
Nobody likes that overwhelming feeling of juggling countless apps, links, tabs, screens, and windows during a live session.
We’ve integrated the best collaboration tools directly into Butter so you can focus your energy on the work and the people—not the tools.
Here’s how Butter reduces the tool overload:
- Keep everyone focused with built-in tools like private notes, PDF presentations, and flashcards
- Use your favorite integrations, such as Miro, MURAL, YouTube, Google Docs, and more.
- Produce the participant experience with multiple view modes, 🙌
3. Bump up the energy
People are more productive when they’re enjoying the work.
Butter helps you keep the energy high:
- Set the mood with a delightful waiting room, complete with music and GIFs.
- Bump up the energy with emoji reactions, GIFs in the chat, and sound effects.
- Encourage participation with polls, the hands-up queue, and breakouts.
4. Don’t forget your takeaways
Ever wrap up a session and then forget everything you talked about?
Here’s how Butter helps you recap:
- Watch, download, and share recordings.
- Access your chat logs, notes, and poll results.
- Review your personal notes from any session.
What the FAQ?
Is Butter free?
Pretty much! We have a Basic (free) plan that you can use forever. We also have paid plans if you want unlimited and unrestricted access to Butter.
When you upgrade, you’ll have unlimited time limits, more rooms, and the ability to record your sessions. Read all about pricing here.
How many participants can join a Butter session?
We support up to 200 people in your sessions, but there are limits depending on what plan you're on. On the free plan, you can have up to 100 participants. Read more about pricing here.
Do you need an account to join a Butter session?
Nope! Participants can join by clicking the shared invite link through their browser, the Butter desktop app, or the Butter mobile app.
Do you need an account to host a Butter session?
Yes. In order to set up and start a session, you need a Butter account. Sign up for a free account here!