- Download the Butter Desktop App
- Installing Butter on Mac
- Enabling permissions
- Installing Butter on Windows
Download the Butter Desktop App
To start, download the free Butter Desktop app here.
Installing Butter on Mac
To use the Butter app on Mac, you will have to install the app and enable system permissions for your camera, microphone, and screen recording.
- Once the download has completed, click the downloaded
- Drag the Butter app icon to your Applications folder
Voila! Butter is now installed on your machine. Next, you will need to enable permissions.
When you launch Butter for the first time, you will need to enable permissions so that Butter has access to your camera, microphone, and screen.
Here's how to do it:
Open system preferenceson our prompt, which will take you here.
Alternatively, you can go directly to
System Preferences →
Security and Privacy.
Security and Privacy, click on the
- To enable permission to make changes to the system, click the lock icon at the bottom left of the window and enter an administrator password.
- Next, we're going to enable permissions from 3 menus:
For each of these three menus, make sure
Butter is checked:
- If you have the Butter app open, you may come across this pop-up. Click
Quit & Reopenif you see this.
Once you've done this for the
Screen Recording, Butter is now good to go! You can close the settings window and continue using Butter.
Happy facilitating! 😎
Installing Butter on Windows
- Click the
exefile once download has completed
- We're currently in the middle of getting verified by the Microsoft team! Until then, there's a few extra steps to getting Butter on your machine.
On the security prompt that shows up, click
- Following that, click
- Let the installer run, and Butter will start automatically along with a
Windows Firewallwindow. Make sure you have checked both
Publicnetworks, then click
Allow Accessso you can use Butter everywhere you go!
That’s it! Welcome to Butter on Windows! 🥳