Installing Butter on Mac
Installation instructions (MacOS Monterey)
- Once download has completed, click the downloaded
- Drag the Butter app icon to your Applications folder
- Voila! Butter is now installed on your machine!
App permissions guide (MacOS)
When you launch Butter for the first time, you will need to enable permissions so you can use your camera, microphone and share your screen.
Here's how to do it.
Open system preferenceson our prompt, which will take you here.
Alternatively, you can go to
System Preferences →
Security and Privacy directly.
Privacy tab under
Security and Privacy, we're going to be focusing on 3 menus -
Now click the lock icon at the bottom left of the window to make changes.
- For each of these 3 menus (mic, cam, screen rec), make sure
- After checking Butter, you may come across this pop-up. Click
Quit & Reopenif you see this.
Once you've done this for the Camera, mic, and screen record, Butter is now all good to go! You can close the settings window and continue using Butter. Happy facilitating! 😎
Installing Butter on Windows
- Click the
exefile once download has completed
We're currently in the middle of getting verified by the Microsoft team! Until then, there's a few extra steps to getting Butter on your machine -
On the security prompt that shows up, click
Following that, click
End of extra steps (unrecognised app)
- Let the installer run, and Butter will start automatically along with a
Windows Firewallwindow. Make sure you have checked both
Publicnetworks, then click
Allow Accessso you can use Butter everywhere you go!
Formalities out the way, welcome to Butter native on Windows! 🥳
Windows does not require specific actions for permissions access. Once installed, you're good to go.